Saturday, February 2, 2008

radio girl

last night i was driving home from an event
and i had the radio on
and one of my favorite songs started playing.
actually, it's really not one of my favorites...
just a song that i like.

but all of the sudden i was so ridiculously joyous.
i screamed "YES!" when i heard it's first notes
and i found myself singing all of the words
probably at my loudest tone possible.

isn't it funny how music controls us like that?
a good song has the power to change a mood.
i wasn't even in a bad mood, though.
just driving home.
indifferent.
and then extremely happy.

1 comment:

Sara Triana said...

sugar how you get so fly?
sugar sugar how you get so fly?
sugar sugar how you get so fly?
sugar sugar how you get so fly?

-I heard this today and sang along, feeling both ridiculous, and elated.