Monday, April 23, 2007

wisdom

in an attempt to find consistency in my life which is so very inconsistent right now, i looked to a reading assignment. (keep in mind, i do realize that all consistency comes from the Lord...He uses daily things to reveal that to us) Saint Catherine of Sienna wrote this sometime between 1347 and 1380:

Wisdom is
so kind and wise
that wherever you may look
you can learn something
about God.

Why
would not
the omnipresent
teach that
way?

it is amazing that this speaks to me today. her poetry has reminded me of His consistency in my life, even when it is overwhelmingly crazy and bizarre. and even when i feel as though i am in the storm of my life, His wisdom [healing, love, peace, etc] is there. i am able to find it anywhere, as long as i am in a position to receive. i am blessed to be able to find Him in my daily work. who would have thought that i would receive revelation in the middle of my english class? [which i so badly wanted to skip today]

1 comment:

becki said...

lurvely. that's how it always works for me. whenever I really want to skip something and end up going, it's always something i needed to hear.