Sunday, October 26, 2008

hustle

so yesterday i threw a party for my brother and his fiance.
an engagement party/co-ed shower type of thing.
it was great and everyone had a wonderful time.

an old friend of the family who is known for being absolutely nuts
pulled me aside and asked when i would be getting married.
ahh, my favorite question...the continual check on my single-ness
that will only end when i actually get married.
so i respond "george, i'm not even close..."
and my mother chips in "she's on the market, george!"
[thanks mom]
well, george responded first by looking at me as if i have cancer.
and then saying"
"well, monica... you gotta hustle!"

apparently, in order to not be single anymore,
i need to hustle. like in football.
thanks george. from now on you'll be my dating coach.

2 comments:

Melissa Terry said...

I was just thinking about you tonight wondering how you're liking the new job. Do tell.

No hustling needed...you've got plenty of time and I can't wait to hear about the hunk of a man that is so blessed to have you!

Sara Triana said...

perhaps you should "hustle" around bars-- jogging up to as many men as possible. perhaps you should "hustle" on street corners. perhaps you could "hustle" me?