Monday, December 8, 2008

coffee-water

saturday.
i grabbed my keys and headed to the bucks
[my first time in quite some time there]
honestly, just needed to get out of the house
because the cleaning lady was there
and i felt guilty for just sitting on my rear
drinking my mom's coffee-water
[she makes the weakest coffee possible.
so much so, that i call it coffee-water.]
while the cleaning lady works diligently
scrubbing my dirty bathroom that i,
apparently, cannot clean myself.

with no plans until five that evening,
i grabbed my keys and headed out the door,
wondering to myself what i would do with the day.
i had a few errands to run,
but they would certainly not take up the 7 hours
that i had to spare.
pulled up to starbucks and standing in line,
my sister-to-be sends me a message via text
to join her for lunch.
couldn't be more perfect timing.
i knew lunch would somehow turn into shopping
[and it did]
and then i could run my few errands,
grab a quick shower,
and scoot off to the bachelorette party
of all bachelorette parties.

all of this running through my brain
while my current obsession,
school of seven bells,
is singing in my radio.
the weather is perfect--sunny and cold.
i've got the whole day ahead of me.
life is good.
Lovers in Japan pops up
and i hit the open road.
i've talked about this before,
but when this happened,
i was so completely content with my life.
it was a good day.

life has brought me many smiles lately.

No comments: