Monday, December 29, 2008

the minivan

today i was reminded of the first time i drove a car alone.
my mom let me take the minivan to blockbuster.
man, i was so ready.
and i thought i was too cool.
i remember the fact that i didn't care that i was driving
a minivan.
i didn't care...i was driving...alone!
i was slightly scared,
but my excitement overpowered that.
and i did it.
i drove that movie back to blockbuster
and i drove all the way home.
and i even parked the van in the garage.
talk about an accomplishment!

i wonder,
why can't every stage in life be that easy?
where my terror is overcome by joy and excitement.
my fears washed out by anticipation of something good.

when i think about it,
my dreams do overcome my fear and doubt for the most part.
it's when i get to the edge of the diving board,
that i get scared.

and wish i felt like i did when i turned the ignition to the minivan.

No comments: