Sunday, January 4, 2009

the loner vs. the butterfly

one side of me tends to be a loner.
quite often, actually.
this is unusual for me.
[if you've known me for more than
five minutes,
you know that i am drawn to people]

while that is very much true,
there is still a side of me that aches
if i don't get my alone time.

my current situation in life
does not allow for much time to myself.
and i have experienced the consequences.
yet i have this internal struggle
because i truly love people.
i love their stories and their voices
and the light that they bring.

i will have to settle for the time being
with the thought that i am split in two.

the loner vs. the butterfly

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

a balance between the two is healthy, but we go through phases in our life where one (the loner or the butterfly) needs to take a stronger presence in our lives - and it's okay.

daniel said...

forget everything you thought you knew about blogging, and check out my blog. it's the first black president of blogs.