Tuesday, March 27, 2007

sea of blue

last week i was sitting in the starbucks on carrier, which i have come to believe is another campus for dbu (but thats another topic for another day). all i brought with me was my ipod, my book (for class, of course), and my pen. i read and i read and i read, but the entire time my underlying thought was "i cant wait until i can go to starbucks and read for me." not that my reading assignments are not good, but i really cannot wait until i can read what i want to read. until i can spend an evening sitting at starbucks, reading and drinking my mocha, and probably listening to something like mum, or south san gabriel, or something. i've had a list going for a while of books i'm going to read when i graduate and i want everyone to add to that list. so please, tell me things to read. i like russian literature, so there's a clue.

but, how many people actually do that? how many people take the time to do something they enjoy for that matter? i absolutely love reading (and in reading, bettering myself and gaining wisdom) and i plan on doing so as much as possible when i actually have free time to do it. this will be occurring in just a few short weeks.

on another note, the bluebonnets are blooming and they are just beautiful! if you've ever been out to dbu in the spring, then you've seen the bluebonnets on 408. some days you can drive by and see twenty cars parked on the side of the road and lots of little families taking pictures. it's like a sea of blue. i love it!

2 comments:

thispresentsojourn said...

all poetry by franz wright. he will make you feel the weight of reality with the weightlessness of idealism. it's really quite beautiful.

i can recommend theology books too, if you're ever interested in 'at.

and, i've been to that starbucks many mornings after spending the night at hunter's.

phew.

LIZZY said...

My darling, I am a fan. You are officially listed on my blog.