Thursday, March 8, 2007

time

this could possibly be the slowest week of my entire life.
spring break feels like it is approximately three years away.
today feels like friday when in all actuality, it is thursday.
and i am seriously disappointed that it's not friday.

however, dietrich bonhoeffer has encouraged me today:

"Only he who gives thanks for little things receives the big things. We prevent God from giving us the great spiritual gifts he has in store for us, because we do not give thanks for daily gifts. [...] How can God entrust great things to one who will not thankfully receive from him the little things? If we do not give thanks daily for the Christian fellowship in which we have been placed, even where there is no great experience, no discoverable riches, but much weakness, small faith, and difficulty; then we hinder God from letting our fellowship grow according to the measure and riches which are there for us all in Jesus Christ."

so, today i am thanking God for breath, for life, for spiritual revelation, for my cinnamon toast crunch breakfast, for the clothes i have on, for the bed i slept in, for the gift of relationship with him through Jesus Christ, and for the people i have with me on my journey in life- my family, my friends, the people i met yesterday, and the people i will meet today and tomorrow.

monica.

2 comments:

becki said...

You're welcome. (the Lord told me to tell you that)

p.s. Great post. :)

thispresentsojourn said...

are you coming to any particular suburb during this spring break time?