Friday, March 16, 2007

verb-alicious?

charlotte perkins gilman once said "life is a verb."

i came across this quote as i was working on a research paper over charlotte perkins gilman's literature. obviously since i was working on the paper, i was discouraged and angry with school. (normal for someone in their last semester of college, i think) i mean, who likes working on papers? yes, i do get really excited when i know i've written a good paper, but that doesnt mean i enjoy the process.

anyway, i was so uplifted by this quote. for this author, life was more of a twisted psychological thriller. which i guess could be considered a verb for her, but whatever floats your boat CPG! i was reading about her life, and i saw that quote from her. i immediately perked up when i read that. life is a verb! yes, sitting is a verb, and crying is a verb, but so is jumping and laughing and loving. i think she must have meant that in a positive light. even if she didnt, i'm choosing to take it that way. i hope i choose the right verbs in my life. the good ones.

i wish i had made that my senior quote in high school. instead of "all you need is love". i'm shaking my head in regret...

3 comments:

thispresentsojourn said...

next time you are in town, call 469.698.2371. i can't trust my cell phone, and a good reason why is that i never got a text from you.

what are you doing tomorrow night? come to the tomahawk molly show at club dada. i'm playin' geetar. we'll hang out. that's a good verb.

thispresentsojourn said...

Ahhh yeeyah. If I don’t answer that phone try calling me. If that doesn’t work, send me an email that said you called, and I will go away from my house (which is the black hole of sprint service) and call.

becki said...

a friend at my high school used this as his senior quote: "Billy goats love for you to pet them....unless you have no hands."

Good post, by the by.